Trichoderma is an organic fungicide for plant disease control. The procedure for making it is given below.
Items needed for making 100kg of Trichoderma mixture
- 100 kg of powdered manure
- 10 kg neem cake
- 1 kg Trichoderma
Steps for making the mixture
- Add one-tenth of powdered manure as a layer on a shady area, sprinkle one-tenth of Trichoderma culture on top of it.
- Spread one-tenth of the neem cake
- Repeat this step nine times and make it into a heap as shown in the picture.
- Roll a damp jute sack on top of the mixture to retain moisture and control the light.
- The mixture should be stored for two weeks, checked for moisture, and stirred frequently.
Within 10-12 days, the Trichoderma will start growing in green color in this mixture. This mixture should be added to the base of plantains and vegetable plants after two weeks.